Florian Wettner specializes in national and international litigation and arbitration. His focus lies in disputes relating to finance law, capital markets law and corporate law, conflicts in the context of M&A transactions and general contractual disputes. Florian also has extensive experience in providing insurance law advice in complex damages and liability cases (in particular in the area of D&O liability insurance and other financial loss insurances).
Florian advises clients in German and English and also speaks Italian.
- Partner with METIS since 2014
- Attorney at Gleiss Lutz
- Secondment to the compliance department of a DAX company
- Foreign associate at an international law firm, London
- Legal traineeship at the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt and at the European Commission, Brussels
- Research assistant at the Institute for German and European Administrative Law, Heidelberg
- Studies in Freiburg, Florence and Heidelberg (Dr. iur.)
“Best Lawyers in Germany“ in the area of litigation (Handelsblatt / Best Lawyers,since 2016)
“Best Lawyers in Germany“ in the area of arbitration and mediation (Handelsblatt / Best Lawyers, since 2018)
“ … a ‘superb’ litigator who can ‘always be relied upon’.” (Who’s Who Legal Germany 2015)
“ … a ‘well-known name in the market‘ who is ‘sought after‘ for complex cases.” (Who’s Who Legal Germany 2016)